A unique opportunity has become available to join part of a growing, London-based, residential main contractor in a Design & Build Manager/Coordinators role which will be the first for the business so will present the opportunity to develop a department.
The company are part of a £50m turnover, fast-growing London-based residential developer. They specialise in producing low volume, high quality living spaces in prestigious, sought after areas of London such as Kensington, Knightsbridge, Chelsea, Notting Hill Etc. Their typical projects would include low volume, new build apartments and refurbishments/conversions of London townhouse properties, including Grade II listed buildings, into high-end apartments. Project Values up to £6m with unit sale values in excess of £1m up to £3.5m each.
The construction arm, although is a Limited company, it has historically operated as a department of the developer. The business owners have decided to grow the department into a separate profit centre and will operate as an independent contractor. They have recently recruited a Managing Director with a proven track record to run, grow and develop the business as a successful, separate commercial entity. The contractor/construction arm as it stands is a £6m turnover business and has 11 staff members.
They are in need of an experienced Design & Build Manager to control and coordinate all design and technical aspects from the initial design stage through to the build and project completions. The Design & Build Manager will be responsible for liaising with all parties, communicating effectively throughout the whole process, reporting back to Senior's/Site team relaying any issues or concerns, completion and issue of technical assessments as well as review design development to allow construction of works to follow safety working practices and be in accordance with current legislation, company Policy and Procedures.
- specialise in the new build and refurbishment/conversions of high end, London properties including Grade II listed buildings
- Whathouse 2016 award winner for best development
- They usually operate in prestigious, sought after areas of London such as Kensington, Knightsbridge, Notting Hill etc
- Project values around £1m - £6m
- Group turnover over approx £50m - construction turnover £15m
- Run between 4 - 8 projects at any one time including those in Pre-construction
- Just moved to a stylish new office on Regent Street, London - 2 minutes walk from Oxford Circus station.
- 13 people in construction team and approx 35 in the whole business
The ideal candidate will have held a Design and Build Manager or Coordinators role previously, working for a main contractor involved in residential new build projects.
If you would like further information please do not hesitate to contact me
Senior Development Partner
T: 01923 281 044 M: 07712300529
Sector: Housebuilding - Main Contractor
Location: Central London
Contract type: Permanent