Engage Construction is currently working alongside an established regional contractor who is looking to appoint an Estimator to their already established preconstruction department in Surrey.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a senior-level construction professional to join a Regional Office that has had strong growth over the years.
The ideal candidate will need to have:
- Knowledge of construction techniques and the associated costs for major building projects, preferably in the value range of £1m to £50m.
- Excellent use of Excel software.
- A recognised estimating / building construction qualification.
- Good communication skills.
- Open and friendly approach to working in a team environment.
As a business, they pride themselves on their internal and external training programmes, office and company incentives and monthly team building activities and nights out.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is ready to take the next step in their career to Senior Estimator and taking on a full leadership role in the estimating department.
Due to increased workload, they are seeking a Senior Estimator to join the team and carry out all Estimating duties including:
- Taking tenders from initial inquiry to submission
- Provision of timely and accurate estimates
- Analyse contract documentation and prepare accurate subcontractor packages for pricing.
- Maintaining an updated cost base
- Liaise and negotiate with sub-contractors and suppliers
- Active participation in adjudication meetings
- The requirement to carry out some surveying duties when necessary
- Maintain good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote further tender invitations.
On offer for this Estimator position is a salary of £85,000 per annum, car allowance, healthcare, and pension and bonus scheme.
Apply for this position below or alternatively for further information please contact David Weaving on 01923 281 044 or David.Weaving@engage-construction.co.uk
Sector: Main Contracting
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £85,000 per annum, car allowance, healthcare, and pension and bonus scheme