As a Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for all aspects of the cost process, from tendering and procurement, through to construction phase and final account sometimes focusing on a single project, but also taking on multiple projects where required.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for:
- Carrying out sub-contractor, materials and consultant tender enquiries, appraisals, attending pre-selection meetings and placing orders.
- Receiving and reviewing sub-contractor applications for payment and producing certificates.
- Receiving and reviewing variations and compensation events from the subcontractor, and attending meetings where necessary.
- Attending valuation meetings, progressing payments with the Client, issuing Final Account and ensuring compliance with the Construction Act.
- Attending Cost Value Report Valuation meetings, producing reports and reviewing with Commercial Manager/Director.
- Drafting all contractual letters in the event of a dispute or other issue and liaising with Commercial Manager/Director on the best course of action.
- Being the main point of contact for the client in relation to the commercial aspects of projects, and representing the interests of Bay Construct with the client.
- Providing regular feedback and updates to the Commercial Manager/Director on all commercial aspects of a project.
- Assisting with the preparation and presentation of reports to the Board, when required.
Skills, Experience, Personal Qualities and Qualifications/Training
- A degree in Quantity Surveying is preferred.
- Experience of working in the high end fit-out and refurbishment sectors would be ideal, but is not essential.
- Driven to succeed and self-motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build lasting, successful relationships with clients, suppliers, subcontractors and other personnel.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills, with the ability to secure the best possible outcome for the business, whilst preserving future client relationships.
- An analytical approach to challenges and a positive approach to problem solving.
- A strong team player.
- Possesses a great attention to detail, accurate and numerate.
- Reliable, proactive and shows initiative.
- Able to keep cool under pressure and when working to demanding deadlines.
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail, please contact Colleen Murray on 01923 281 044 or 07827 960 865. Alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: upto £80,000 DOE