Engage Construction is currently working with a specialist contractor offering services for Heritage Properties, Ecclesiastical and other buildings requiring fine and traditional finishes through painting and conservation, they are looking to appoint a QS / Estimator.
For this role, you’ll be responsible for managing the day to day surveying and financial position of each project from start to finish. You’ll understand this niche market which will demonstrate your competence in pricing and tendering and your ability to win projects. Your commercial awareness will be able to prepare monthly cash flow schedules and costing whilst keeping the Project team fully involved. You’ll be a key member of a growing and developing team.
- Liaise with supply chain, consultants and clients to build productive working relationships.
- Assist in ensuring the project team achieve or exceed budgeted targets.
- Place sub-contract orders in accordance with the procurement schedule.
- Ensure subcontract orders accurately reflect the main contract requirements and scope of works, and manage risk effectively.
- Manage the external valuation process, including timely preparation and submission of applications, meeting with the client team to agree interim payments and progress on-going final account negotiations
- Certification of subcontract payments and issuing of all relevant payment and other notices for the subcontract works in accordance with the conditions of the subcontract.
- Complete CVR reports, ensuring they accurately reflect all subcontracts and other liabilities, the current position on-site and the final profit projection.
- Settle final accounts.
- Price and effectively agree on all project variations throughout the project life to ensure the earliest successful final account agreement.
- Creatively consider value engineering and improved buildability solutions.
- Identify and prepare contractual notices for all events
This is a great opportunity for someone to join an established business working across very niche market on some of the UK’s most prestigious and recognised buildings
On offer for this Quantity Surveyor / Estimator role is a basic salary of £40,000 - £50,000 per annum plus comprehensive package.
For a more detailed discussion and full details for this Quantity Surveyor / Estimator please contact David Weaving on 01923 281 044 or David.Weaving@engage-construction.co.uk
Sector: Main Contracting
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum plus comprehensive package